Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Clip Art Of Chapstick

Girl with a Pearl Earring, Tracy Chevalier

In these times lean perspective reading (but I commend myself, patience ...), here's one of my former criticism that was published in his time (a year ago now!) on Jess's blog, " my books and me. " A book that I loved and deserves to be on these pages too ...

Some of you have heard of this novel, which is quite famous and which was shot a film in 2003. In my case, probably because of the painting on the cover, I imagined a work very serious and unattractive, and I'd never read. Then I received a gift some time ago, and since this was a very pleasant surprise, I just share it with you ...


History:

Griet is a young Dutch-eyed living in Delft in the seventeenth century. His father had gone blind could no longer work, she was hired as a servant in the house of the famous painter Vermeer to feed his family. His position requires him to exercise much diplomacy to satisfy both the painter's wife jealous of his prerogatives, his wife's domineering mother, a maid's oldest and most susceptible, and six siblings, including the eldest is difficult and treacherous. Between Griet and her master weaves a unique relationship in that house where she is the only one to understand his art, she admires the point of feeling for him a feeling which led him to sacrifice himself for his painting, or for him ...



My opinion:

On the cover of this novel is reproduced the famous painting by Vermeer called "The Girl with a Pearl Earring"; on the pages of the book is the story of young girl and the schedule is printed. Bound in a story, probably more beautiful and more dramatic than the reality, but we'd like so touching that is true.

I was not expecting much at all to enjoy this reading. The simple style, tone and seriousness of this humble narrative first degree gives the story a deeper intensity. The narrator takes us to the seventeenth century as if it were today, she describes her life without falling into the historical portrait. The story evolves into a drama that is not one, a culmination of dedication that takes a simple form but which we feel the intensity through the words of Griet. The table cover is not the same when you look at before starting the first page, or when it is found after the last shot: Tracy Chevalier has allowed us to read in the eyes of the young daughter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment