Monday, January 3, 2011

Bike Shaped Cake Delivery

Absurdity # 30: The Dinner Game

December 2006.

I work as a woman to do anything in a store known record / books / Bebelle of all kinds.

I'm pretty disgusted by the job in question and especially to make me financially abused by an employer who treats us as impersonal numbers and, in addition, because the news about monopolizing the Half of magazines and TV stations it owns.

short, I seek a job elsewhere.

I look in lots of areas: I imagine in the visual arts, a museum, but why not a hospital.

receptionist, secretary, I know.

I also watch the office jobs in colleges and universities.

I just want to go.

I even re-enrolled in school to help me in my efforts and, at worst, make the jump and go back to school full time, because I'm trying to veer too crazy.

-

I applied to another store of the same genus (bookstore / record store) some time before.

I'm shopping with my boyfriend and a friend when my cell phone rings.

I know the number, I let the answering machine board.

While I take the message, my boyfriend looks at me changing face:

Someone offers me a job.

And not that I expected: instead of being a bookseller, I was moved to be deputy director of the store in question.

I hood: that's not the same pay at all, the responsibilities are much more important and, well, it looks good cv.

I remember the girl.

I'm so motivated, I tell him I'm ready to go part time to school for work.

The girl is super human resources enchanted, it clicks on the phone, I think she likes me already.

I pass 2 interviews and I have the job.

I announce my departure with happiness in my current boss, a no balls incapable of managing anything.

I ended Dec. 23.

-

I start another job on the 27th.

Not a big holiday in between: I m 'in type.

I just want to start something new and that my job is motivating.

A former colleague said to me you are not afraid to exchange $ 1 25 cents four cons in taking this job then?

My answer is no.

In fact, once there, I quickly realized I'd rather exchanged against 0.50 cents $ 1.

short, I lost the exchange.

-

First day, I arrive at the store.

The Director welcomes me.

too stressed during the interviews I did not realize how much is a handsome man.

I refocused on what I learn and I cast my lustful thoughts.

I met the team, if it happens wrong, although I find them rather cold.

But hey, I do not know when it's about time I guess.

-

Through hard work, I quickly realized that this is a bunch of jaded, several are close to the depression, the atmosphere is zero, several major problems in the structure of that team.

which one in particular.

A nice guy, funny at first, but when the more familiar, less pretty side shows her saying.

Call it Mr. ;

envious, jealous, two faced.

The worst: a guy who would not be so bad if it were not for his propensity to speak in people's backs.

And, without naming them as such, organizes dinners Constr.

-

On one afternoon, I hear the team talk in the kitchen.

A door leads directly from the aeration principal's office to the kitchen, so that conversations happen to me very clearly.

It discusses a dinner held at M., the "unifier" of the team.

People talk a girl gang:

- She's so dumb!

- tse Yeah, too bad so she thinks we're friends!

- In tk, was funny to see her drunk! Worse her laugh, have you heard her laugh?!?

- Ouch, put it in! Sti weirdo!

Je pense déjà savoir de qui ils parlent, une fille assez étrange que toute l'équipe trouve plutôt perdue et en décalage et de qui ils rient assez souvent.

J'ai rapidement compris aussi, qu'à ces soupers, on est invités quand on fait "partis de la gang". 

Dans les jours qui suivent, je capte plusieurs conversations au sujet de ce souper et ça revient toujours aux mêmes constatations: on semble avoir invité la fameuse fille pour rire d'elle. 

I think it's pretty petty, especially as the girl in question, which might be weird, trying somehow to make new friend (s) and often brings treats, small gifts, etc. .

Well, it's awkward and téteux, but at the same time, the whole gang will accept.

They are much worse it.

-

Another dinner was held.

Conversations this week converge again and again to this dinner.

Here we discuss one another in the gang, in addition to the another girl.

I can not believe: they are really bad and wrong.

Especially in our faces, they are all smiles and all compliments to the persons in question.

I realize at this point they are actually dinners Constr.

The famous Mr. is nice as any girl with the weird, he jokes with her and they seem very close.

Well, I tell myself that things may have changed.

Until I receive in my office because he wants to tell me about it and because it taps him royally on nerves and work evil.

I look at him.

He clearly expected that I support.

It does not come: I would emphasize that I see for myself if things are problematic in the store and I'm not here to resolve personality conflicts.

It makes me smile honey, I head saying he fully understands and apologizes for my time.
I hear the lunch hour to speak ill of me in the kitchen.

course.

-

I have trouble to go to work: the workplace is a real poison.

my team sucks my energy, I go in the morning and after 3 second jump I was already on to complain about someone or something.

And dinners continue.

And we laugh most beautiful new, strange and we only discuss each other all day long in this place of Mongolian while pretending to be a friend (s) with each other.

Madhouse.

-

One afternoon, Mr. came to me and invites me to her next dinner.

I look and I'm going to laugh.

He looked at me puzzled

- You do not want to come?

- For one speaks ill of me afterwards? Worse to talk all evening the world of job which is not present at the dinner and do as if we got along well with them the next day? No thank you.

- Uh ... well not. We do not like it.

- By tk. I see.

- Ok ..

He left my office, not very comfortable.

I close the door and sighs.

Square Mongols.

-

few weeks later, over-saturated atmosphere of this shit, I give my resignation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment