Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Play Pokemon Blue In Colour Online

Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt

Today, I offer you a little note-Express. Not flared in two minutes, no, but ... you'll understand.


Summary :

Momo is Moses, the little Jew who lives with her father in a dark apartment neurasthenic. His only friend is also most unlikely: Mr. Ibrahim, the old Arab owner of the grocery store. It is because Mr Ibrahim is full of great wisdom improvised become essential to Momo when he finds himself really alone.


My opinion:

This book is for me the image of a book fast. First, I received packages supersonic: sent by a friend, he arrived in the mailbox exactly when I received the e-mail announcing that it had been deposited in the mail. He traveled faster than email, that rascal!

Express also because its momentum, it became obvious to me when he arrived and I devoured the time it took me to take my lunch break (though not very long ). So, I want to write this post the same day, not to break the momentum. No book has been reviewed faster!

must say that This small novel reads so fast that I would use new, if I dared. Besides, it's what Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt does best new (or short novels): At least he did not have time too much navel gazing. It is a gentleman who gives the best of himself in the stories not too long. I really liked in "The Child of Noah" and "Oscar and the Pink Lady", and some news "Odette Toulemonde and other stories" remained in my memory, for cons, I could not finish "The share of the other," "When I was a work of art" or "My life with Mozart (but I heard the entire CD).

So, back to Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran , one could say that it took police 14 and fat margins well to draw 85 pages apparatus (including 8 pages with no text at the beginning). What I would have no problem if we did not feel it was a little sloppy finish. Not really sloppy, perhaps a bit rushed, let's say. But I so loved that Mr. Ibrahim and his little pearls of wisdom, a little nice bright but so cute that I wanted the story continues to linger in its wake.

That said, it's cute all full. Less emotional "Oscar and the Pink Lady" (which made me laugh and cry at least a hundred pages, a feat), but pleasant to read. Easy, tender, full of good feelings, fun, kind of things that makes you a good time when it needs one. Not much more, let's be honest, but it does not need Victor Hugo everyday, right?

short, I recommend it for an hour to smile! And in my case, I reserve the occasion of this kind catechu!


To learn more, plug Bibliomania Book:

0 comments:

Post a Comment