Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Watykan Wybór Papieża

Vannek Helena, Armel Job

It's been three or four weeks I have this novel and I do not know why I have not commented yet ... Correct this injustice!


Abstract:

"In the Flemish countryside, before the Second World War, Helena Vannek witnessing the death of his mother. The family comes the terrible authority of the father, Theo. Suddenly, under the pretext to distract the brother of Helena's grief, Theo into the house a young and mysterious stranger.
Everyone takes a liking to the newcomer. Helena, she begins to love him. But we must reckon with all the fates ... "
(back cover )


My opinion:

I got this book after reading "You're not judge," the same author. These two books have been donated and hung in my library for six months. I do not have a PAL, but cons I love discovering new authors and styles that I knew absolutely not by magic gifts ...

I did not Armel Job is a man, or that he was Belgian, I understand that seeing the two novels set in my small country. I knew nothing of his style was pleasantly surprised by her coldness. All history is written in first person and in these cases is expected to much emotional investment on the part of the narrator, but here the heroine, Helena, is content to relate almost happened with distance Yet very painful. In After a few pages, however, you get used and it includes: Helena is not in an environment where expressing feelings is valued and finally, his way of narrating what is happening is quite the image that we have of his personality.

can not say that I am attached to the heroine, Helena is too strange for that. I struggled to understand and accept his passionate feelings that arise suddenly, be it hate or love. But it is interesting and the characters that revolve around it are even greater. We do not always understand but they fascinate.

Moreover, their mystery deepens with time, and that's where it gets interesting. It is believed to know everything, and in fact they are wrong. Was entitled to a reversal unexpected situations, then a second and a third ... I do not want to say too much, but read to the end, it's worth it.

Here is a novel cold, mysterious, a pen and interesting context untapped, which serve the plot more complex than one might think. The whole is interesting and worth reading.


For more information:

Sheet Bibliomania Book:

Criticism Betty, who has seen Helena in a very different of mine, take a look at comments, nice discussion ensued about the character.

0 comments:

Post a Comment